About Me

My photo
I'm Rachel! I'm 16 years old! and i love Jesus & my wonderful relationship with him. I hope you enjoy reading the things hes put on my heart, and he touches your life as much as hes touched mine!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

No confidence in the flesh

Philippians 3:1-3 1 Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. 2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh

3:7-14 7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

What God showed me today: What do the ways of the world have for us other than to tear us down? Have no confidence in the in the flesh because it brings evil and unhappiness, but instead we look to Christ Jesus because of him you have lost all sin and consider them garbage. We our found in Christ and no longer need to look for righteousness in ourselves, but our freely righteous because of our faith in Jesus Christ. When knowing this your desire will be to be like Christ. Its not that we are not already like Christ because god made us in Christ's image. But it is that we will be thriving to seek god truth. God does not see our past, he simply sees the future he holds for you know that you are walking and living in him. So forget your past mistakes and continue on for the plan God has for your life!
May God bless your life, and show you his truth today. There is nothing greater than walking down the path of life with Jesus right by your side holding your hand, and encouraging you the whole way!

2 comments:

grama judy said...

Rachel, I love reading the revelations that God gives you It sounds like you are walking close to God and your light is shining! You are so sweet sometimes and I know it comes from your heart right where Jesus lives...Grama loves you and I see a wonderful life ahead for you. Jesus will lead you into the most exciting experiences on the face of the earth and shield you from the snare of the devil if you keep you eyes on Jesus and trust Him with everything in your life!!! :) ♥

christy rose said...

I love you!!
You make me smile on the inside and the out. :)